- You may want an image that is bigger than the regular medium size, but smaller than the large size
- You may want your image to be the exact dimensions for an Instagram post or Facebook post.
- You may want custom thumb nail sizes so they fit perfectly across the page in a gallery
There are many image editing tools out there, but if you don’t have access to one, here are a couple of ways you can do it directly in WordPress.
- The first is the quickest and easiest way, but the original file size may be an issue when viewed on mobile phones with limited data plans, or slow internet connections.
- The second takes a bit longer and requires a change to your media settings which you must remember to change back once you’ve finished editing your image.
Watch video below to see how custom sizes are can be added.