Having problems with emails getting stuck in your Outlook outbox but sending repeatedly?
Try changing Outlook’s Server Timeout Settings.
Don’t know how?
Can’t find the answer when you search Outlook’s help menu?
It’s strange but for some reason, when you search Outlook’s help menu for “Server Timeout Settings”, these instructions are nowhere to be found.
Thank goodness for the internet. I found some instructions online and was able to change my settings.
- With Outlook open, click “Tools” followed by “Account Settings”
- If it’s not already displaying, click the “E-mail” tab to display the list of email accounts
- Double click the email account you wish to change or click the “Change” button to open the “change Email Account” window
- Click the “More Settings…” button
- Click the “Advanced” tab and, using the “Server Timeouts” slider, increase to 7 minutes or higher.
- Click OK, Next, and Finish.
- Repeat for each email account listed.